Does felting interest you? If you are thinking about a valuable hobby that you should pursue, this one is for you. The basics of felting are very easy. You may also do some things to make the felting process a little easier and more effective.
1. Make use of big needles. It is advisable that the needle that you should use is at least two sizes larger than the yarn band designates.
2. Check your ends. You need to make sure that all your ends are woven well. This means that they have to be woven firmly. If there are any pieces that need to be stitched together before felting, make sure the seams are sewn steadily.
3. Be careful of cords. You have to check your cords and you need to make sure that they are not easily twisted. You may untwist the strap if you feel the need to do so. A twisted strap won’t felt consistently.
4. Get a pillow cover. A zippered pillowcase cover makes felting easier, or at least cleaner. This can also help in keeping the machines clean. Storing your pieces in a bag keeps them from getting stuck or lost in your machine, which is vital when you’re felting small pieces. It also helps keep your machine hygienic.
5. Be careful of lights. One exception to the most yarns will felt ultimately rule is really light or white yarns. You have to always swatch before you plan to make a project with light-colored and fabulous yarns.
6. Do-overs are okay. If you don’t like the finished texture or size of a felted object, you can always felt it more. And just in case you block something and it comes out the wrong size, it is usually possible to reblockit. All you need to do is to get the fabric and then damp again, aggressively stretching it over a form of the right size.
For sure, you will love the relaxation that knitting can provide too. It must be the best time for you to try something new. It will be more awesome if you will do it with your friends. Nothing can be as fulfilling as learning together and inspiring one another. You can make use of resources that you find in the internet. Have fun with various activities that can make you feel great about yourself.